Happy New Year, everyone! As I had said last year, I LOVE NEW YEARS GOALS! Sometimes they stress me out a bit, but I find it so pleasing when I’ve completed goals, and writing them down helps set the direction for where I want to go.
This year and this year’s motto
I have a lot of goals this year, big and small, and I think it’ll be a bit of a crazy one and definitely different from others, but I’m excited! Every year I choose a one-word motto to basically sum up the goals or overall what I’m going for in the next year. This year is going to be “contrast” or a not one-word motto of “get things done”. Work hard, but take breaks.
I break the goals down into different categories of my life to keep them more organized and simplified. These are a few of my major goals:
- Finish making transcripts for my courses to send to universities.
- Complete uni application.
- Get into the school of choice!
- Finish off all of my high school courses!
- Get blog to 1,000 followers!
- Get blog to make money to help out with uni costs.
- Post more frequently.
Health and fitness
- Run a half marathon, if I’m feeling crazy. Or a 10k is much more reasonable.
- Do more ab and upper body workouts!
- Try other forms of exercise and sports.
- More yoga and stretching.
Fun and creativity
- Work on art more.
- And photography.
- Travel if there are opportunities to.
- Make a reading list and read more.
- Get driver’s license.
- Budget and learn more personal finance.
What are some of your major goals this year? Hope everyone has an amazing 2018!!
P.S It’s Peri
Email List | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
At the very start of this year, I posted some of my 2017 goals, so now that it’s the end of the year it’s time to revisit them and see how far I’ve come!
Last years goals and how I progressed
- To be less anxious. I’ve often struggled with anxiety so I would like to work on keeping it under control and managing stress.
This has actually improved A LOT! First, I think with just a little bit of age it helps since it seems like anxiety can be a teenager thing. I learnt more about anxiety and how it works which helped on how to overcome it. Journalling, harder workouts, and consciously trying to relax are among some of the things that have helped me.
- To be kinder to myself. Sometimes I just get a little too critical of myself.
I hope this has improved, I haven’t tried too hard, to be honest, but I think it’s better.
- Take more risks. I’ve always been afraid of risks but there’s not a lot of fun in not taking any.
I didn’t take any big risks, which is good! But there were times I think I went out of my comfort zone and that’s the main goal!
- Get school things organized, make a new schedule style, stay motivated, and make it more enjoyable.
Motivation for school has not been too bad this year since it’s my last year of high school I pretty much just want to get everything done! It makes it more enjoyable when you’re more motivated, too.
- Get things together for university.
Yes!! Definitely have made huge progress with this! I will keep posting about my progress and working towards university as much as I can. You can read about my progress here!
- Keep pushing myself in my workouts and maybe do a 5k or something like that.
I did not run a 5k but I built up a lot more strength over the year and can now run faster and for longer than before!
Completing goals is always a nice little victory. Let me know goals you’re proud of that you completed and good luck with your new goals!
Now that 2016 is over it’s time to go over the goals I had set at the start of the last year and see how I’ve done on those. The best part of setting goals!
- Build arm strength. I think I did this??? I don’t lift hardcore weights but I don’t feel like I’m lacking a lot of arm strength.
- Do ab workouts. I did do this! And definitely feel like my core is stronger.
- Start doing Pilates again. Completed!
- Start to run. YES! This was very successful.
- Run at 10.6kph. This was kind of a random speed but I now run 3kph faster than that.
- Memorize a yoga routine. I didn’t do any yoga. At. All.
- Do foot exercises to help with dance. Everyday I remember I do this!
- Workout outside. I walked outside a bit so I kinda did this?
- Stop sugar addiction. It was lessened a bit but I still really love icing.
- Make my own workouts. I don’t even know what I meant by this exactly.
- Start a health and medicine course. Did this, too!
- Figure out when I would “graduate” homeschooling. It wasn’t too hard to do.
- Save money. I barely bought anything.
- Get hair cut to actually like it. Yes! I went from being able to sit on it to it being shoulder length.
- Figure out personal style. This was so fun and a lot of work. More on this later!
- Build wardrobe. Still a work in progress but did this!
- Put outfits together. I did a few, but still need to work on this.
- Donate all the clothes I don’t want anymore. There was so much from several years.
- Dye hair crazy colours. I dip dyed it purple, then blue with pink and purple.
- Compliment people more. YES! I always thought it was awkward but now it’s much more natural!
- Get pick-ups in tap. On good days I can do them.
- Get flat splits. Pretty much got this, too, if I keep stretching.
- Stretch every night. If I’m not too tired I do.
- Get double pirouettes. Hahaha turns.
- Work on coding. I did, for like 2 weeks, then gave up.
- Start journalling. This was very successful.
- Work on photography. Started the Instagram challenges!
- Narrow down career choices. Definitely did this!
- Draw more often. I did, a lot.
- Learn to skate. Not yet?!
- Finish the Khan Academy biology course. I did it all in 2 weeks because I procrastinated.
- Become 50% fluent in French on Duolingo. Now I can say all the random things Duolingo teaches.
- Walk outside. Yessss I walked lots in the summer.
- Go to a concert. Saw Troye Sivan :’)
- Actually stay up all night. Why was this even one of my goals?
- Start skin care. No still haven’t done this.
- Volunteer or job shadow. YES!
- Figure out a source of income for myself. Does money from birthday gifts count?
- Meet at least one online friend in person. I did this and it was great!
- Learn to drive. Nope, barely even read the handbook.
I didn’t aim too high but I got a lot done that way! So it was a pretty productive year goal wise. I hope everyone had a great New Year’s Eve and that 2017 will bring amazing things!! Happy 2017! 🎉🎉
P.S. It’s Peri