2018 was a very busy year and a lot of goals were completed. At the beginning of the year I posted a list of goals I wanted to complete and now it’s time to revisit them!
Last year’s goals and how I progressed
- Finish making transcripts for my courses to send to universities.
- Complete uni application.
It was a long haul but the application was completed!
- Get into the school of choice!
The most relieving moment was checking the website and seeing the offer of admission.
- Finish off all of my high school courses!
Also, a very long haul, but eventually all of the finals were completed and I finished grade 12.
- Get blog to 1,000 followers!
Yes!! The blog is at 1,400 right now! Thank you, everyone, for following along and reading all the posts and I hope you enjoy future posts.
- Get the blog to make money to help out with uni costs.
The blog moved to a new home and then I was able to set up Google ads and working on other sources still.
- Post more frequently.
I had been consistently posting until university began but making some time for blogging will be a 2019 goal!
Health and fitness
- Run a half marathon, if I’m feeling crazy. Or a 10k is much more reasonable.
A half marathon was ambitious. But now I can run 10 km consistently so improvement there!
- Do more ab and upper body workouts!
I’ve been working on lifting and lots of ab workouts so definitely better than last year.
- Try other forms of exercise and sports.
Mostly, this was just to cross train from running, which I have been working on by strength training more.
- More yoga and stretching.
I’ve actually been stretching way less than before. But this will be a 2019 goal!
Fun and creativity
- Work on art more.
I did paint a bit more and do some drawing.
- And photography.
Definitely lots of photography this year.
- Travel if there are opportunities to.
- Make a reading list and read more.
I honestly don’t remember how much reading I did but I did read a few books.
- Get driver’s license.
I got the first level of license, G1, but I have never driven still. Since it was just a written test.
- Budget and learn more personal finance.
I did just the other day! A post will be coming on how I budget.
Random other things completed
- I got my braces off!
- I met online friends, twice.
- The blog Instagram hit over 500 followers. Woo!
- Went to (about half) of the school orientation week.
- Got my first job.
- Went through my first round of university midterms and finals.
- Went to school for the first time.
- Tried new foods. A food photo journal from my UK trip will be coming soon.
- Completed the SATs.
Hope everyone completed some 2018 goals and that everyone has a great New Year!