Tomorrow is my 18th birthday (the Internet keeps pointing out how it’s Aries season, also my fourth Friday The 13th birthday) since that is often considered the start of adulthood this post will be on a note to my future self going through adult life, mixed with “things I’ve learnt so far”.
- Be friendly! People are always way less friendly than you’re expecting and it’s nice to see people who are genuinely friendly.
- Consistently doing things to work towards goals is key and makes them easier to achieve. Make working towards goals part of your everyday habits.
- Tea solves all problems, also smoothies.
- And good music. Even if it’s what might be considered weird.
- Hard workouts are satisfying and it also correlates with doing small steps towards goals everyday.
- Always push yourself because you’re always better than you think.
- Draw lots!
- And take picture to savour every beautiful things in the moment.
- Pet cuddles are great but cats might try to kill you haha.
- Fairy lights need to be everywhere possible.
- Reading isn’t too bad if you’re reading something you enjoy.
- Drink lots of water then drink even more because you’re probably not hydrated enough.
- To pre-teen Peri, you didn’t make it through without acting like a teenager at all.
- But also, 18 doesn’t magically make you an adult.
- Doing schoolwork is better than being bored. And nothing good comes from procrastinating.
- The outdoors is your friend but mosquitoes aren’t. Otherwise it’s fine.
- Good clothes make you very happy.
- And always do your best.
This post felt very cheesy. 😂 I’m curious, do you all like having big birthday celebrations or do you keep it lowkey? What kinda of things do you do for your birthday?