Today’s Seeking Style is how I organize to best fit my life and keep my clothing streamlined. I think organizing your things is very important because it can save you time in the long run and you don’t need to think too much about things if they’re nicely organized and easy to find.
How I organize my clothing
- Tops and dresses hang up. Bottoms are all in drawers and everything else is in baskets in the closet.
- By season. Usually, I won’t be wearing dresses in the winter so I separate everything that is hanging by season. Half for warm weather, half for cold weather.
- By colour. Everything is hung by darkest to lightest. It seems extra picky but I like it so if it’s a dark day, I may want to wear something brighter and happier to counteract.
- Every piece has a home. This one I think is the most important. You know where each piece goes and where it is when you need it. It’s always in the same spot in your closet or dresser. It also makes everything much faster to put away.
Main points to keep in mind while organizing clothing
- Make things accessible and easy to see. I find I forget I own things often so it’s good to have everything where you can see it.
- Clothes that you don’t wear that often don’t need to be front and centre, not everyday things can be more away.
- Separating by seasons help to narrow things down by what the weather is like.
- The initial time commitment to organizing pays off in having everything easy to see.
- You can maximize the clothes you own by rotating through all of the outfit possibilities.
Do you have an organizing technique?