At the very start of this year, I posted some of my 2017 goals, so now that it’s the end of the year it’s time to revisit them and see how far I’ve come!
Last years goals and how I progressed
- To be less anxious. I’ve often struggled with anxiety so I would like to work on keeping it under control and managing stress.
This has actually improved A LOT! First, I think with just a little bit of age it helps since it seems like anxiety can be a teenager thing. I learnt more about anxiety and how it works which helped on how to overcome it. Journalling, harder workouts, and consciously trying to relax are among some of the things that have helped me.
- To be kinder to myself. Sometimes I just get a little too critical of myself.
I hope this has improved, I haven’t tried too hard, to be honest, but I think it’s better.
- Take more risks. I’ve always been afraid of risks but there’s not a lot of fun in not taking any.
I didn’t take any big risks, which is good! But there were times I think I went out of my comfort zone and that’s the main goal!
- Get school things organized, make a new schedule style, stay motivated, and make it more enjoyable.
Motivation for school has not been too bad this year since it’s my last year of high school I pretty much just want to get everything done! It makes it more enjoyable when you’re more motivated, too.
- Get things together for university.
Yes!! Definitely have made huge progress with this! I will keep posting about my progress and working towards university as much as I can. You can read about my progress here!
- Keep pushing myself in my workouts and maybe do a 5k or something like that.