This sounds like it should be the name of a coming of age movie.
Sometimes with being homeschooled, I have felt like I’m missing out on being a kid because I’m not in school like lots of other kids my age, and I’m at home a lot of the day like a retired person. That’s not a bad thing at all and I like to think it makes me a little more mature, even though it probably doesn’t haha. A little while ago I made this list of things that felt like a teenager should do or that I didn’t want to miss out on, mostly it’s just things on my bucket list that I want to do as a teenager.
The Teenage Bucket List
- Climb a tree because I haven’t done this yet?!
- Go to a concert. Did this, but more would be fun or a festival.
- Stay up all night. I’ve done this, too!
- Watch the sunrise?? I’ve done this, not quite sure why I had this 0n the teenage list, though.
- Go to a sleepover. Did this!
- Dye hair crazy colours. Did this, too!
- Start a business. Working on it.
- Learn to drive. I’ve read a little bit of the book, that’s probably good enough, right?
- And get drivers license. Because what’s the point of learning if I don’t get a license?
- Go to a school dance. My homeschool group doesn’t have a lot of high school aged kids so I can’t really set one up, but I’ve always wanted to go to one. Ok, to be honest, I just want to dress up.
- Go on a road trip. Or just travel. Done a little bit of this.
- Get a job.
- “Graduate” homeschooling. Getting there.
- Go to a pool party. I’ve done this already, too!
- Meet some of my online friends. I’ve met one and there’s plenty more to go.
- Go to one of the Great Lakes beaches.
- Have a Tumblr photo shoot.
- Do a colour run. I’ve done this a few years ago!
- Learn to skate. Sort of did this, I stood up and moved a little bit on skates.
- Learn to ski.
- Play tennis.
- Learn an instrument. I’m not sure what one I want to do, I’m also not very motivated to do this.
- Make a blog. Here it is!
- Take ballroom dance lessons. I need a partner.
- Make a giant collage in my room. I had one then took it down after it had been up for about a year.
What would be on your Teenage Bucket List?